Keeping you safe is our highest priority, and that allows us all to enjoy some much needed freedom out on the water. We are constantly reviewing the fast-changing situation with Covid-19 in light of guidance on safe boating practices from organisations such as the Royal Yachting Association, and will endeavour to be as flexible and accommodating as possible.
We want to allow you to book with confidence, so we are making some changes to our booking policy T&C’s to reflect the uncertain situation we find ourselves in. Please note that the situation may change at short notice, and we will constantly review our approach in light of government guidelines and local restrictions.
Once onboard, the nature of sailing is inherently a safe environment as we will be predominantly outdoors and away from people in our own social bubble. It is important therefore to ensure you arrive on the boat in a safe manner, and arrange travel insurance which covers the event of cancellation due to covid related reasons. We will review the situation on a trip by trip basis, but the following should be noted:
- We will require you to take three rapid covid tests and provide negative results within the week prior to the trip. Lateral flow tests are free and results are obtained quickly. Further details will be sent in the pre-trip briefing, and will depend on the prevailing covid situation.
- The yacht itself will be deep cleaned between each trip, and at frequent intervals during the trip.
- Trips ashore in populated places will be minimised, and we will make use of deliveries of supplies directly to the boat where possible.
- Everything we require for the trip will be provided in advance, and crew members will be requested to bring anything specific they need with them so as not to visit shops when in harbour.
- No one apart from crew and participants is to come aboard the yacht except for urgent maintenance or emergency purposes.
- We ask that crew members behave in a Covid-safe manner at all times, and maintain high standards of hygiene both during and in the 10 days before the trip.
- When travelling to/from the start/end points of the trip, we ask participants to avoid public transport where possible. While this may not work in all cases, if you can arrive by car, or ask a friend or relative to drop you off, this is preferable.
- If you develop symptoms during the trip, you must notify the crew immediately. They will then respond according to the latest guidance.
If we have to postpone or cancel a trip due to government restrictions, we will contact all affected participants to make alternative arrangements, and endeavour to allocate you a place on another week. Please note that all participants must take out a suitable travel insurance policy which covers covid-related cancellation or curtailment, as this is something over which we have no control. These are now widely available and it protects both you and us in this uncertain time. We will only be able to refund participants for events within our control.
What if I have already had Covid or have been vaccinated?
- It is not yet proven that this prevents you from being a carrier, so we are adopting an equal approach that all our participants must behave according to Covid-safe guidelines.
What if I get Covid shortly before joining the trip, am asked to self isolate, or live in an area where travel is restricted due to government travel rules?
- All crew members must take out a suitable travel insurance policy which covers the event of cancellation due to covid, as this is something over which we have no control.
What if I no longer wish to take part in the trip?
- If you wish to cancel, but the trip is able to proceed as planned, our normal booking terms and conditions will apply.
These guidelines will be updated as the situation and relevant guidance changes.
~ ~ ~
We thank you for your support and forbearance during this difficult time, and we’re looking forward to seeing you back on the water!